|Product:||ClusterXL, UTM-1, Power-1|
|Version:||NGX R65 w/ Messaging Security, R70, R71, R75|
|OS:||SecurePlatform, SecurePlatform 2.6|
|Platform / Model:||UTM-1, Power-1|
The below procedure should be performed on the Primary member of Full HA cluster.
- To minimize downtime, perform a manual fail-over from Primary cluster member to Secondary cluster member.
To do so, run the ‘
clusterXL_admin down‘ command on Primary cluster member (refer to sk55081 – Best practice for manual fail-over in ClusterXL) and let the Secondary cluster member to run as the Active member in the cluster to continue passing traffic.
- Remove the cluster peer member on the Primary cluster member. Run:
# cp_conf fullha del_peer
- Restart Check Point services on the Primary cluster member. Run:
# cpstop ; cpstart
- After all Check Point services are running again, disable Full HA mechanism on the Primary cluster member. Run:
# cp_conf fullha disable
- Reboot the Primary cluster member.
- After the Primary cluster member is up and running again, connect to it with the SmartDashboard.
You should see that the Full HA cluster object was replaced by a normal Stand-Alone object.
- Open the object properties window and clear the ‘Firewall’ and the ‘VPN’ checkboxes.
- Save the changes and install database to the existing Smart Management server.
Now the Primary cluster member machine is running only with a Smart Management server product.
- Export the current database using the
upgrade_exportcommand. This upgrade_export file should be imported later on into the new Smart Management server.
- Import the upgrade_export file to the new Smart Management server and confirm successful migration.
- Reinstall the Primary cluster member as a normal cluster member (running only Firewall and Cluster products).
- Re-initiate the SIC between the cluster members machines.
- Using the cluster Configuration Wizard in the SmartDashboard, recreate the cluster configuration.